A few small changes will be taking place on this blog over the next couple of months. This year have been quite productive in some ways, but also very fragmented in others. So, I’m changing some of my approach to writing for this blog and organising my work. In the long run, it will be […]
A few small changes will be taking place on this blog over the next couple of months. This year have been quite productive in some ways, but also very fragmented in others. So, I’m changing some of my approach to writing for this blog and organising my work. In the long run, it will be more of the same, but in the short term things might feel a little different. So, I thought it worthwhile to highlight a few issues.
1. This week I’ll be switching host servers for this blog. I’m confident the process will run smoothly, but as with all things computer-based, there is always the chance of total mayhem. My apologies in advance for any “technical difficulties.”
2. The backlog of blogpost ideas has grown enormous again. I’ve resolved to clear the backlog by Christmas and not carry any half-finished posts over into the new year. This will mean a fair bit of fresh (and half-baked) content appearing on the blog. Some of it will be below the standard most regular readers might expect.
3. I’ve been reviewing my blogging goals for this year and have started work on some draft goals for 2008. Rather than post one big list of wants and dislikes I’m going to take a different approach, looking at some blogs that display “best practice” in the areas where I want this blog to improve. I’d love to read your thoughts on which blogs have been doing well in 2007.
4. It’s been quite a while since the blog underwent any major aesthetic changes and, quite frankly, it’s looking a little 2006 for my tastes. There will be a new look for those of you that ever venture past the RSS feed.
5. There will be a substantial overhaul of the links to other blogs – so now is your chance if you’d like your blog added to the list (or dropped, as the case may be).
6. I will also be changing the tag/category settings to better reflect the future directions of the blog (especially on going research ideas).
7. For a while now I’ve been staying away from blogging (and email) on Sundays and often over the whole weekend. That’s only going to become more entrenched as a practice. My feeling is that 4-7 posts a week (typically), over 5 days is more than enough content from me.
So, while I’m not bogged down with woodshedding, or parenting, or chasing Batman, I’ll be attending to these tasks and challenges. Thanks for bearing with me and as always, comments and emails are welcome.