I’ve been team tagged! Damian (whose got a cool blog by the way) has tagged me for the five things meme as has Steve at Emergent Kiwi and Rudy ay Urban Onramps has also jumped in. So, here are five things you may not know about me.
1. As a schoolboy I played Cricket at a serious level. As a result I met and played against a number of the guys who have made up the highly sucessful Aussie side of the last decade. In fact, most of youth was spent nearly being a top flight sportsman (cricket, athletics, football).
2. I rarely drive. Having not owned a car in eight years and living either with great public transport (London, Hong Kong) or a private driver (Delhi) has meant that I only take the wheel when on holidays. Even then, L does most of the driving.
3. I’m not a confident swimmer. Having grown up in a family of great swimmers, it was tough for me since swimming did not come naturally. I love the water and have enjoyed canoeing, sailboarding and surfing at various stages of life and now swim occasionally for exercise. But, If I haven’t been in the water for a few weeks, I lose confidence quickly.
4. I always read magazines from the back to the front. I always start with the world news and sport sections of the newspaper. I always skip the preface and introduction of books, usually coming back to them after a few chapters.
5. I like to arrive at sporting events early, while the teams are still warming up and the stands are mostly empty. I’m not as bad for theatre or cinema, but I like to be settled and calm before the show starts. By contrast, I detest arriving early for parities or dinners.
[tags] Meme, Five Things [/tags]